Weekly Summary #4


Weekly Summary #4
February 5th-7th, 2019
Meghan Taylor

     This past week in the gen-ed class, I finished up the preassessment of the Phonics survey on three of my kids.  The fourth student that was originally assigned to my group has been absent for almost three weeks now, so his data will not be included within my project.  Most of the students progressed through the survey until the r-controlled vowels section.  From there, there was much greater difficulty for the students.  I also sorted through some guided reading books that focus on these type of words, CVC words, and some of the sight words we are working on.  From there, I plan on reading with the students and doing CVC activities such as Elkonin boxes for each of the days that I am with them. 
     In the CSS classroom, there is a much greater structure now which I am entirely grateful for.  I am mainly utilized to work through small groups with them whether it be math or reading.  But on Thursday, no work was done as there were three separate kids having their own behavioral issues that we were trying to work through and keep the other students calm.  I definitely learned the importance of not just fousing on the student having a breakdown, but on the other students too.  Once one kid had a tantrum, this lead to the other two as though it was a casual effect.  

Comments